Photo courtesy of TTU Sports Information
Patrick Mahomes II
Patrick Mahomes II returns as the starting quarterback for the Red Raiders.
Finally! The best time of year is upon us. Football season is here. Texas Tech Football tickets are on sale at texastech.com. Here are our top 5 reasons to get your guns up this season and get excited for our Red Raider football team:
1) You live in Lubbock, home of the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Not a homegrown Lubbockite? That's OK - we accept all fans from all places. Embrace the season with Texas Tech gear, flags, tailgating, watch parties, and more. Visit Red Raider Outfitter or The Matador to deck out yourself, your car, your home, and your office.
2) Patrick Mahomes, our star QB, is on many watch lists this year. He can pass, he can run, and he's even a Heisman hopeful. Also, Baker Mayfield (ex-Texas Tech QB and current OU QB) will be coming into town this fall. It will be a fun matchup!
3) Night games. Last year, it felt like all of our games were played at either 11 a.m. or 2:30 p.m. This season, the first four games are night games. The last game of the season against Baylor will also start in the evening. While the Big 12 times haven’t been announced quite yet, let's hope for matchups under the lights against rivals OU and Texas.
4) Enjoy a safer environment at games. Texas Tech is requiring clear bags with certain dimensions in efforts to make game days safe for everyone. This will also allow fans to get into the stadium more quickly and smoothly. Visit texastech.com for more information on this policy.
5) Texas Tech seems to always be the underdog of the conference, which actually has been a good thing for us in the past. Fly under the radar and just keep winning. Texas Tech is not currently ranked in national polls and is predicted to finish sixth in the Big 12. We've got something to prove, which makes the season exciting.
We wish the Texas Tech football team, the coaches, and fans a great season! Wreck 'em!
See. Do. Live. More.