The High Plains Underground Water Conservation District is accepting reservations for a series of rainwater harvesting workshops in March, April, and May.
"Speakers at each workshop will share their expertise in rainwater harvesting and water smart landscaping with attendees,” said Katherine Drury, HPWD Education and Outreach Coordinator. “In addition to getting valuable information, the first 25 persons to RSVP for each workshop will receive a free rainwater harvesting barrel and a free rain chain— courtesy of HPWD."
Workshops will be from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- March 30 -- Ollie Liner Center, 2000 S. Columbia, Plainview
- April 6 -- Bailey County Electric Co-op, 610 E. American Blvd, Muleshoe
- April 13 -- Mallet Event Center, 2320 S. U.S. 385, Levelland
- April 27 -- Cole Community Center, 300 N. 16th Street, Canyon.
- May 4 -- HPWD Office, 2930 Avenue Q, Lubbock
There is a $20 fee, which is payable at the door.
To register for the workshops, or for more information, visit www.hpwd.org/rsvp or call 806.762.0181.